18 Ekim 2023 Çarşamba

"Beat & Release": Life is This Cheap!?...in Istanbul and Izmir

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 18 October 2023)














                           The future WAS now :(

In Kadıköy, Istanbul, toward morning on Sunday, Davut Atakov (23)
and his girlfriend Simge Tuğcu were coming out from a concert they'd
attended when they encountered Ali Kumsal Şallı, who made a rude 
remark directed at Simge hanım.  An argument and then a fight ensued,
resulting in Şallı stabbing Atakov to death. Şallı was later arrested by
police. 

Simge hanım had come from Germany to surprise Atakov.  She 
lamented that "I was helpless, I couldn't do anything. I'd come here to
surprise him but now I will bury him. I am in great distress. We'd been
together for six years and were thinking seriously about our future."

























                  "I need to hurt somebody."

Meanwhile, in Izmir's Urla district on Sunday evening, Sercan Bavkır, a
realtor who also owns a construction company and is a kickboxer (!), 
bumped shoulders with building contractor Semih Kenan Köse in a 
store while shopping.  Words were exchanged and a fistfight ensued,
with Bavkır's two brothers joining in.  Köse broke some bottles and 
went after Bavkır with the glass pieces, prompting Bavkır to stab both
Köse and his girlfriend Sibel Kabadayı.  Köse died at the hospital and 
Sibel hanım was released after treatment. 

Bakvır and brothers Serkan Bavkır and Taylan Bavkır surrendered to
police and all three were jailed.  Sibel hanım, a pilates instructor, 
stated that "no one could stop them.  They grabbed my hair and dragged
me on the floor. I took off my coat to try to use it as a buffer.  The same
person stabbed me in the chest.  We'd been going together for 6 months
and things were going well for us.  We were planning for the future. 
But it's all over now."










Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder