23 Mart 2021 Salı

"Boy Tarzan" Spent Nine Years in the Wild of the Toros Mountains

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 23 March 2021)














                               "Back home" for a visit.

Hasan Hüseyin Kahriman, the married father of one child, lives in 
Taşkent district of Konya province.  When he was six-years-old his
schizophrenic father left him in the Toros Mountains, where he lived
for nine years (!) by himself.  Kahriman followed the mountain animals'
example in searching for plants to eat and remain alive.  Having lived
for years with the animals, Kahriman now returns to the high mountains
even in winter to spend a few days.

Kahriman explained that "one day when I was six my father took me
10 kilometers from our village and said to me 'son, you'll sleep here
tonight.'  When I asked why, he said 'so you'll be a brave kid in the 
future.'  I wondered whether the wild animals would eat me but my
dad told me 'son, no one harms a person, other than another person.'"


 


















        Appearing on "Celebrity Tarzans of the Toros"


"I wasn't at all afraid.  I gathered up the white flowers I saw and felt
good.  That first night went just fine. A mouse came to me and then left.
When it started to rain I got under a nylon sheet I had with me and 
slept.  My dad came in the morning and was glad to see me.  From 
then on he left me in the mountains all the time."

"I followed the wolves to learn their hunting tactics.  Once I learned
how to hunt I didn't go back to the village.  I lived in the mountains
by myself for nine years and I liked it. Whenever I'm in the wild I'm
carefree and happy.  In regular life, people lie and cheat.  There's none
of that in the wild."

Kahriman said he wasn't at all angry with his dad for leaving him in
the mountains, adding that "my dad was from another world. People
were always cheating him so he didn't want me to experience the 
same troubles. I think that's why he left me in the mountains.  We 
later learned that my dad was 86% schizophrenic."












Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder