12 Eylül 2020 Cumartesi

Another "Beat & Release" Incident Awaits Social Media Justice

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspapaper, 12 September 2020)

Beat & Release click here for a recent TNT
report in this same vein, in which the
attacker was re-arrested, but only after a 
public outcry. 

Ayvalık'ta “aşı” dehşeti « Medya Ayvalık – Ayvalık Haberleri
                    Devilishly handsome.

The day before yesterday, Engin Barış K. (41) took his mother to the
No. 5 health unit in the village of Küçükköy, in Balıkesir's Ayvalık
district to get her a pneumonia shot.  Told there was no shot available,
Engin Barış K. left but returned to punch nurse Hande Ç and slam her
head on a desktop (!).

The assailant also grabbed nurse Ayşe B. by her hair and dragged her
along the floor, before hitting nurse Ayşe S., who came to intervene,
in the arm.  Next, Engin Barış K. stabbed academician Abdullah S. 
(66), who was at the clinic for a shot himself and who tried to restrain
the attacker.  

Engin Barış K. fled but was apprehended at a nearby shopping center.
Nevertheless, after processing at the courthouse, he was released on
judicial supervision (!). 

Academician Abdullah S. explained that "I was waiting for my turn
when the assailant passed by me and entered the room where the 
nurses were.  Then I heard screams coming from the room so I ran
in and saw that he was holding one of the nurses by her head, 
beating her.  He had another nurse by the hair and was hurting her,
too.  So I got into a violent fight with him."

Ayvalık'ta aşının olmadığı öğrenen hasta yakını çılgına döndü: Hemşireleri  darp edip bir kişi bıçakladı
                    Angels of mercy didn't get any.

Continuing, Abdullah S., who was critical of Engin Barış K.'s
release, noting that both he and the heath unit personnel feel like
they are under threat from him, said that "he tried to lock the door
of the nurses' room and I heard him shout 'how can you not give my
mother a shot!  I'll kill all of you!'  The fact that he came with a 
knife tells about his intentions."

"I'm 66 and have a chronic illness. This guy is about 30-35. 
Nonetheless, I risked my own life to help the nurses.  But I 
cannot accept that this creature has been released. Later, at night,
the doctor called me and told me 'he's been released. We're afraid
he may come after you.'  Should someone have to live like this!?
I'm pleading with the officials to fix this."

Ayvalık Ulaşım - Ayvalık Otel

   


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder