27 Eylül 2020 Pazar

Mardin's 'Karl Marx'...and 'Marilyn Monroe'

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 26 September 2020)

Mardin's Marilyn Monroe click here for a TNT
report about the 'Hollywood star''s political efforts
in Mardin in 2017.












               Any more doubts about reincarnation?


Mehmet Sait Kaya (48) of Mardin has worked in the Kızıltepe Public
Education Center teaching folk dancing, for 25 years.  At the 2019
wedding of his daughter, Kaya and the bride danced the 'karşılıklı
reyhani' dance together.  The video became quite popular on social 
media, as did Kaya's striking resemblance to German philosopher 
Karl Marx.  Herewith Kaya's story: 

Kaya explained that since childhood he has loved folk dancing,
hence his teaching career at Kızıltepe, where he has taught over
10,000 students in his 25 years there.  The video of Kaya and his
daughter dancing at her wedding netted 2.5 million views.












Mardin, where the famous flock to for a second shot 
at life.

As for his resemblance to Marx, Kaya noted that "Karl Marx was a
great philosopher so when people liken me to him it pleases me. But
the video was popular because of the daddy-daughter dance and the
message it sends to both fathers and daughters about the importance 
of fathers being present in their daughters' lives."

Kaya added that "I've had roles in some 'dizi' (TV shows) and I have
an interest in movies, too.  I made a film entitled 'Ah Vatanım' (Ahh,
my poor nation) about the suffering of Syrian refugees over the course
of three years with my own resources and put it on YouTube.  I also
draw portraits in pencil, beside teaching 9 months of the year.  The
other 3 months I sell pickles that I make at home to get by."








  

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder