30 Ekim 2020 Cuma

TNT Debt Collection Edition: Brothers and Brothers-in-Law All Tangled Up

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Çağdaş Kocaeli website, 29 October 2020)


















Debt collector S.G. & his "persuader". 


The incident occurred at a little after one in the morning on the night
of 25 October on Erdemci Street in the Yavuz Sultan Selim quarter of
Körfez district, Kocaeli.  Barber Abdurrahman Çebi gave his brother 
Evren Çebi, who is a building contractor, land in return for two flats 
in the building Evren bey built.  Abdurrahman bey then moved in but
Evren bey, with a debt of 5 million TL (about $650,000) to his brother-
in-law S.G. and others, disappeared. 

S.G. and his relatives began to threaten Abdurrahman and his family
to have them pay Evren bey's debt and on the night of 25 October,
S.G. sprayed Abdurrahman's home, with his wife and 5 children 
inside, with gunfire, hitting the house with 14 bullets.  Abdurrahman
bey had his family get away from the windows and called the police,
asking them to find his brother Evren bey and punish the attacker.

















                   Barber Abdurrahman had a close shave.


Abdurrahman bey explained that "I gave my brother, who's a builder,
land in return for three flats but when I learned he was in debt I gave
him back one of the flats, leaving me with two.  My brother's been
on the lam for a few days because of his debts to his brother-in-law,
who is taking it out on me. S.G. came by, drunk and with a gun in 
his waist, threatening me and saying 'you have a wife and kids.'"

"I went to the police station and gave a statement but a few hours 
later, a little after one in the morning, S.G. came back and sprayed
my house with gunfire.  The police came and collected the empty
shell casings.  But my brother has debts to others, too, and they're
coming to threaten me, as well.  I can't send my kids to the grocery
store or to school!"

Police are looking for S.G.




  


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder