19 Mart 2014 Çarşamba

Empty Shoeboxes Deemed Contraband (Full Ones OK)

Türkçe links to original article

(Zaman Newspaper, 18 March 2014)

//ed. note: since 17 December 2013, shoeboxes have
taken on a somewhat metaphysical and transcendental
nature among the public in Turkey for some reason...//


                             Banned!

Prior to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's
meeting in Aydın, shopkeeper Ş.I., who has a
store on Adnan Menderes Boulevard, was taken
into custody by police for selling empty shoeboxes
in front of his store for 1 lira apiece.

Police took wide-ranging precautions for the AK
Party's meeting in Aydın. Just before the meeting
began in Istasyon Square, police took Ş.I. off to
provincial police headquarters.

 A friend of Ş.I.'s claimed that Ş.I. had been taken
into custody on the whim of police. This woman,
who works in Ş.I.'s store, noted that "we put the
boxes out in front of the store like we always do,
to sell them. Just because Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
is coming they're giving everyone a hard time."

After Ş.I. was taken into custody the woman closed
his store.


                  Aydın province

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder