12 Aralık 2018 Çarşamba

Revenge of the Machines, Continued...


türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 12 December 2018)

filmi gibi kaza binnaz sertçelik ile ilgili görsel sonucu
Newlywed Binnaz hanım, right, newly reborn, left.


finger tops click here for another recent TNT report
about the sometimes fraught human-machine relationship. 


Newlywed Binnaz Sertçelik went to visit her family in Uşak on
14 November.  While helping out in the field, Sertçelik went under
the sugar beet machine she was working with to remove a stuck rock.
She explained what happened next: "I was trying to extract the rock
from the machine with a crowbar but just then the wind blew and my
scarf and my hair got caught on the machine's drive shaft.  I held
myself back, lest my entire body get sucked in.  I struggled mightily.
That's when I felt my hair being torn off my head." (!)

Sertçelik added that the blood flowing down her face filled her
eyes so she couldn't see:  "I was searching blindly for the machine's
remote, which I was able to bring to my hand by pulling it close
with my foot.  But I couldn't read the commands on the remote so
I wiped the blood from my eyes and finally saw the command 'lift'.
I pressed it, the machine rose up and I pulled my head out from
under it."

After breaking free from the sugar beet machine, Sertçelik
somehow got on a tractor and drove in 4th gear to her family's
home 1.5 kilometers away.  She said that looking in the tractor's
mirror she saw herself like a victim in a horror movie.

Sertçelik was taken from Uşak in a helicopter to a hospital in
Antalya, where Dr. Asım Uslu reattached her scalp.  Dr. Uslu
explained that "the operation came 53 hours after the accident.
Normally, 24 hours is the maximum for this kind of operation so
this was more than twice the normal time.  A first of its kind in
the world.  The operation was difficult and took 7 hours.  Its
been 3 weeks and Binnaz hanım is now completely healthy.
We had shaved off her hair but now it's growing back."

uşak antalya haritası ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder