11 Nisan 2019 Perşembe

A Mother Goat's Story, Now With Play-by-Play


transcription click here for the goat's pursuit of its young
as recorded by its owner, with a Turkish transcription.

//Ed. Note: Herewith the English translation of the 
abovementioned transcription.  Special thanks to loyal 
TNT subscriber 'Peg' for requesting the translation.//


keçi ve yavruları ile ilgili görsel sonucu
TNT is still trying to find out where and when this happened. 
In the meantime, here's a representative photo.



"Not everyone can be a mother and even some of those who bear a 
child can’t be a mother. Motherhoood is  a very instinctive thing.  
This goat’s young remained on the mountain last night.  And now 
I’m following her, searching for her offspring.  However precious a 
life may be, whether we find them dead or alive it will be ‘kısmet’ 
(fate).  But I hope, God willing, that she will be reunited with her 
young.  Because I’m holding back my tears with great difficulty. It 
snowed and the young ones remained on the mountain.  She left them
and came home.  In the morning I left her on her own and realized 
she was looking for them.  If she finds them and they’re well that will
be great but if something has happened to them there’s nothing we can
do.

But I hope that at the end of this trek, God willing, she will find them.  
Motherhood is such a thing that is just as important as finding a person 
who’s fallen from a rock or a mountain. Go on my dear, find them!  It’s
in fate’s hands whether you find them or not.  I hope nothing’s happened
to them. God willing, she’ll find them.  Since I’m a mother I know very
well just how nervous she is.  There’s nothing else to do now but find 
them.  My morale is pretty low so I hope we find them. 

The weather has been bad for a few days but it’s not like we haven’t paid 
as much attention to the sheep and goats as we should have.  They’ve 
been giving birth quite a bit  so we didn’t notice this one going off to 
have her young elsewhere. But we don’t know where.  I just hope she 
finds them and makes us all happy.  My goat’s name is ‘Güzellik’ 
(beauty) and she’s as  beautiful as her name.  I hope she finds them right 
away.  I’m following her  because  she knows very well where she gave 
birth to them.  If nothing’s happened to them we’ll find them.  But if 
something has happened to them there’s nothing we can do.  Because 
the mountain is full of jackals.  I have a good feeling about this and I 
think she’ll find them.  But snow has fallen and they may have died 
from the cold.  It’s a heart-rending situation.  I feel really bad.  

In the morning my morale went topsy turvy because of this animal.  But
I’m bearing up because I believe that this is a teaching moment for us 
all. I didn’t plan on doing this but she motioned to me to follow her.  
For a mother, if something has happened to her child it’s worse than 
her own death.  And this animal is a mother.  Perhaps there are two of 
her young there.  We think there are two and they may be twins.  If so, 
hopefully nothing has happened to them.  There’s nothing else I can say.
I’m tongue-tied and trying hard not to cry.  This is really a desperate 
situation.  They carry their young for 5 months in their bellies and we 
care for them.  

Keep going girl! Hopefully we’ll find them.  There’s nothing else I can 
say.  God please don’t let anything happen to them. Let her be reunited 
with them.  I’m really feeling bad right now. I’m in no shape to say 
anything, believe me. Anything could have happened to them.  A fox or 
a wolf may have eaten them but I hope they didn’t find them.  Do you 
see them, girl?  I’m really finding it hard to say anything.  If I wasn’t a 
mother myself perhaps I couldn’t understand her but I have a child of my 
own. I can’t say anything other than I hope she finds them.  We’ll just 
have to see what happens.

Some people bear a child and thow it in the garbage and others don’t 
bear their responsibilities.  We call these creatures ‘animals’ but she’s 
teaching us a lesson.  This is a very special happening.  Not everyone can
be a mother, not even some of those who bear children.  The important 
thing is to own one’s motherhood.   Motherhood is motherhood.

She’s brought me to the end of the Earth.  They’re alive! Run, run!  
We’ve come and found them alive!  Thank you God!  This is a happy 
ending!  Yes, as I guessed, there are two young ones. I’m very happy.  
Thanks be to God!  A mother has come and been reunited with her 
young ones."

//END//

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder