7 Ağustos 2019 Çarşamba

"Çorum Lines" Spell a Brother's Remembrance

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Anatolian News Agency 6 August 2019)

Nasca Lines of Peru unlike these, there's no debate about
the meaning of the "Çorum Lines".

çorum mesut turan ömer ile ilgili görsel sonucu

In Çorum's Alaca district, for 9 years since the death of his brother
Ömer from cancer, Mesut Turan has been writing his brother's name
with his tractor in a field after the wheat harvest.

Drivers coming along the Alaca-Zile road can't help but notice the
name in the field.  Mesut bey, who lives in Ünalan village, explained
that "Ömer was 23 when he died in the hospital in 2010. We lost him
at a young age.  When he was well we worked our fields together. Now
I do it alone but when I come I think of Ömer so I write his name in
the field after each year's harvest."

peru signs seen from the sky ile ilgili görsel sonucu
          Unlike "Ömer", these are subject to interpretation.

"Nine years ago, after working in the field I started to head for home.
That's the moment when I decided to write his name in the field. Those
who see say 'May he rest in peace' and that's enough for me.  So every
year I write his name and people pray for him.  I'll continue doing it
as long as I can.  Each year I write his name in a different field and
the size of the letters depends on the size of the field."

Mesut bey noted that he has seen his brother's name in the fields in
pictures taken from space.  "Wherever I see his name it makes me
sad."

çorum haritası ile ilgili görsel sonucu



 



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder