6 Ağustos 2019 Salı

Robinson Grandma: Able to Bear All Hardships


türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 5 August 2019)

robinson nine fadime kayacı ile ilgili görsel sonucu
                             (Super)Woman's work


In 1984,  Fadime Kayacı, now 82, was living alone in the Karakısrak
summer pasture  1,900 meters (about 6,000 feet) high in Tonya
district of Trabzon province, when her nephew came to live with her
there.  One day, while Fadime hanım was gathering grass her nephew
suffered an epileptic fit and died.

Fadime hanım was broken-hearted by her nephew's death and despite
the pleas of her relatives, she would not return to Büyük Mahalle, her
village below the pasture.  Fadime hanım braved the bitter winters in
the high-elevation pasture by herself, her only (unwanted) neighbors
being the forest bears:

robinson nine fadime kayacı ile ilgili görsel sonucu
                               Life without a microwave.


"Three times the bears broke down my door.  When I came home
the house was open and the bears had eaten all my rice, sugar and
everything else except the 'bakla' (broad-bean, horsebeans). When
the bears came I wasn't at home.  I don't know what I would have
done but I'm not afraid of them. In these mountains I live with my
dog and take care of all my needs myself."

Nevertheless, in 2011 Fadime hanım was chosen as "best-loved
woman" in a poll taken in the district and given the sobriquet
"Robinson Nene" (grandma) in honor of her solitary lifestyle in
the mountains.  She has now been persuaded to come back to Büyük
Mahalle, where she will stay over the winter for the first time in
50 years (!).


tonya haritası ile ilgili görsel sonucu
 





Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder