27 Şubat 2012 Pazartesi

Forceful Defense of Animals

cats links to original article

(Sabah Newspaper, 27 February 2012)

In Bebek, Istanbul, Fatma Oya Pak began leaving moist cat food in the
gardens and on the balconies of her neighbors three years ago and ever
since she's been the object of complaints by residents. After a number
of fights over the course of time, Pak filed suit saying 'they threatened
me.'  Wearing a helmet on her head and employing eight bodyguards,
Oya Pak continues to feed the cats.

Retired architect Orhan Sucu reacted to Pak because he was upset that
she spilled moist cat food at his front door. Sucu said that one of Pak's
bodyguards headbutted him and broke his nose. Holding the hospital
report in his hand, Sucu stated that 'this woman is overtly harrassing
the residents here. She leaves moist cat food everywhere, from front
doors to window sills, and then moves on.'

'She insults anyone who confronts her and says she'll buy up the entire
neighborhood and let the cats inhabit it. Up to now we haven't seen
her show any love to a cat.  We're animal lovers, too. We all have cats
and dogs at home but we don't do as she does. We don't know what
we're going to do.'

chickens links to original article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 27 February 2012)

In Çeşme, Izmir, yesterday morning municipal policemen Erkan Işık
(27) and Hakan Ertanzan (41) went to the home of market seller Murat
Kaya (27), who  lives with his mother, because of complaints from
Kaya's neighbors about his chickens. The two policemen asked Kaya
to dismantle his chicken coop and in the ensuing argument Kaya
used a pump-action rifle to fire on the policemen four times.

The two policemen hid behind a metal dumpster but still couldn't
avoid the buckshot. Hakan Ertanzan, who is married, was hit in the
chest, leg and back, while Erkan Işık was wounded in the leg and
back. The two were first brought to Çeşme State Hospital and Kaya
was  taken into custody. Işık was then taken by ambulance to
Nine September University Hospital in Izmir and the seriously
injured Ertanzan was airlifted by helicopter to Izmir Atatürk
Training Hospital.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder