25 Haziran 2019 Salı

Stick & Stones May Break My Bones, But Words Can Break My Heart

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Sözcü Newspaper, 24 June 2019)

marital dissatisfaction ile ilgili görsel sonucu
                 M.Y. and Ş.Y. at their best - mouths closed.



M.Y. applied to family court to open a divorce suit, claiming that his
wife Ş.Y. continually insults him by calling him a 'şizofren'
(schizophrenic). In M.Y.'s view, this has caused incompatibility and
cultural differences between the couple  M.Y. asked the court to award
him child custody, along with 40,000 TL (about $6,500), as
compensation.

For her part, defendant Ş.Y. disputed her husband's accusations, telling
the court that "the plaintiff  (M.Y.) continually insults me by calling
me 'salak' (feeble-minded), 'manyak' (maniac), 'terbiyesiz' (uncouth)
and 'şerefsiz' (dishonorable).  I want the court to deny the divorce
request!" (!)

The court ruled that both sides were equally at fault and granted the
divorce, but denied M.Y.'s request for compensation.   Ş.Y. appealed
the court's ruling but her appeal was refused, with the higher court
noting that a couple that calls each other "şizofren, salak, manyak"
shouldn't live in the same house and are better off getting divorced.

sticks and stones may break my bones but words will break my heart ile ilgili görsel sonucu




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder