17 Mayıs 2018 Perşembe

Sidewalk Parkers Get Mark of Julide!


türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Milliyet Newspaper, 17 May 2018)

şirinevler kaldırım julide kılıç ile ilgili görsel sonucu
  Zorro move over, this is the mark of Julide!

Julide Kılıç lives on Tevfik Fikret Avenue in Şirinevler, Istanbul,
with her sight-impaired father.  Although she has complained many
times, Kılıç ultimately had to penalize the cars that park on the
sidewalk outside her house herself.  Kılıç painted the message
"this is a sidewalk!" on the cars in black paint.

Kılıç explained that "this has been going on for years.  I've called
the police many times and taken pictures of the cars parked on the
sidewalk.  But no one cares.  I have complained to the municipality
at least 10 times.  Last evening I again saw that our sidewalk was
blocked by parked cars.  I called the police three times but no one
came.  So I said to myself "since you're not coming, I'll paint the
cars."

Continuing, Kılıç said that "why do I have to walk in the road
because these cars are parked on the sidewalk!?  No one has
the right to appropriate the sidewalks, preventing pedestrians
and handicapped people from using them.  I am absolutely
convinced that I have done the right thing."

bahçelievler haritası ile ilgili görsel sonucu
Şirinevler is a neighborhood in Bahçelievler district
of Istanbul.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder